Body donation is essential to the advancement of medicine because it provides a way to study and cure debilitating conditions and diseases affecting mankind today. Donors contribute to advanced physician training, development of assistive medical devices, studying diseases, training emergency medical personnel, improving medicines and development of less invasive surgical treatments for patients.
There is simply no adequate substitute for the human body when it comes to teaching and research. MedCure serves as a link between persons willing to donate and the medical researchers and educators that rely on donors to further their medical education and research.
We are trusted by donors and their families. Every donation is treated with the utmost respect and care. We have inherent respect for human individuals both living and deceased and commit ourselves to treating donors, families, employees, researchers and colleagues with this respect.
Personal Benefits Of Body Donation:
In addition to feeling good about gifting your body for the benefit of others, there are NO COSTS! Once a candidate for donation is accepted at the time of passing, MedCure covers all expenses related to the donation process, which include:
- A highly trained and compassionate Donation Coordinator will assist the donor’s representative through the entire donation process
- Transportation from the place of death to MedCure
- Cremation at a licensed crematorium
- Return of cremated remains to family within approximately 6 weeks in a heart-shaped urn or a memorial scattering at sea
- Two certified copies of the death certificate
- Letter to family explaining how their loved one’s donation benefited medical science (if requested)